Yahweh initially a solar deity?
Add Reply
David Dalton
2024-04-18 23:26:45 UTC
Do you know of any biblical, historical, or archaeological
evidence that Yahweh was initially a solar deity?

From a google of
Is Yahweh a sun god? :

The following book turns up as first hit:

The Solar Nature of Yahweh

Reconsidering the Identity of the Ancient Israelite Deity

Daniel Sarlo

In The Solar Nature of Yahweh: Reconsidering the Identity of the Ancient
Israelite Deity, the original nature of the chief god of the Hebrew Bible,
Yahweh, is reexamined. Daniel Sarlo challenges the current consensus that
Yahweh was initially a storm god by examining the relevant biblical texts and
comparing them with Ancient Near Eastern texts, ultimately arguing that
Yahweh was a solar deity. The implication of this research is that Yahweh was
not a minor god who gradually accumulated characteristics to become the head
of the ancient Israelite pantheon, but rather a significant god from the very
beginning, or at least before the inception of the United Monarchy.
--
David Dalton ***@nfld.com https://www.nfld.com/~dalton (home page)
“Mary walks down to the water’s edge and there she hangs Her head to
find herself faded a shadow of what she once was" (Sarah McLachlan)
David Dalton
2024-04-24 05:34:54 UTC
Post by David Dalton
Do you know of any biblical, historical, or archaeological
evidence that Yahweh was initially a solar deity?
From a google of
The Solar Nature of Yahweh
Reconsidering the Identity of the Ancient Israelite Deity
Daniel Sarlo
In The Solar Nature of Yahweh: Reconsidering the Identity of the Ancient
Israelite Deity, the original nature of the chief god of the Hebrew Bible,
Yahweh, is reexamined. Daniel Sarlo challenges the current consensus that
Yahweh was initially a storm god by examining the relevant biblical texts and
comparing them with Ancient Near Eastern texts, ultimately arguing that
Yahweh was a solar deity. The implication of this research is that Yahweh was
not a minor god who gradually accumulated characteristics to become the head
of the ancient Israelite pantheon, but rather a significant god from the very
beginning, or at least before the inception of the United Monarchy.
OK, I have, on this full moon night, reverted to Goddess,
who I define as the ruler of the region all/everything,
as the chair/moderator, in my most recent attempt at
magickally instigating a global new age, which I am
reporting on on the thread "full moon leap of faith”
on alt.religion.druid, for anyone who is interested,
which I deem more likely if you notice effects, such
as improved sexual compatibility.